While we are at the Pyramids, let me show you how big – how overwhelming – and dwarfing one single stone can be…
IT HAS BEEN CALCULATED THAT MORE THAN TWO MILLION LIMESTONES WERE USED TO BUILD EACH PYRAMID —– AND EACH STONE WEIGHS ABOUT TWO AND HALF TONS
THAT SOUNDS LIKE A LOT OF STONES, AND TWO AND A HALF TONS IS VERY BIG. BUT CAN WE REALLY SEE HOW BIG IT IS UNLESS WE HAVE A POINT OF REFERENCE?
More from Egypt soon
- Follow Egypt My Love on WordPress.com
Category CloudAlexandria Ancient Stones Art Boats Cairo Children Egypt Excavations Food Foreign Policy Government HABIBTI YA MASR Islam Luxor Luxor. Valley of the Kings Mothers Muslims Parenthood Pharaohs Politics Pyramids Religion Restaurants. Dining Temple of Karnak Tomb Wall Paintings Tourism Travel Tutankhamun Uncategorized Valley of the Kings
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Beauty Over 60: Torn Jeans – Really?Holes and more holes are all over the most popular garment in the world – our jeans. And the way things are going, one day there will only be little bits of fabric holding… More
- HOW TO FIND A ROOMMATEOn April 21, 2018 I posted a video on this site “Having a Roommate in Your Golden Years.” But talking about something and actually doing it, are two things. And therefore, I started wondering how I… More
- Part Three – Your Age Is Nobody’s BusinessHow Old is Old? It is interesting how, as we advance in years, we push the boundaries of what we consider “old age.” “I am so depressed,” my friend Irma told me the other day.… More
- Quote Of The Day – Love Has No Age!Love has never been a question of age . I shall never be so old as to forget what love is. Colette This is true for me and I hope it is true for you too!!!! And… More […]
- Part Two – Your Age Is Nobody’s BusinessIf Age Is Only a Number – Why Does Everybody Want to Know Mine? Getting older is inevitable, but how soon you allow it to make decisions for you is your choice.… More
- Beauty Over 60: Torn Jeans – Really?