While we are at the Pyramids, let me show you how big – how overwhelming – and dwarfing one single stone can be…
IT HAS BEEN CALCULATED THAT MORE THAN TWO MILLION LIMESTONES WERE USED TO BUILD EACH PYRAMID —– AND EACH STONE WEIGHS ABOUT TWO AND HALF TONS
THAT SOUNDS LIKE A LOT OF STONES, AND TWO AND A HALF TONS IS VERY BIG. BUT CAN WE REALLY SEE HOW BIG IT IS UNLESS WE HAVE A POINT OF REFERENCE?
More from Egypt soon
- Follow Egypt My Love on WordPress.com
Category CloudAlexandria Ancient Stones Art Boats Cairo Children Egypt Excavations Food Foreign Policy Government HABIBTI YA MASR Islam Luxor Luxor. Valley of the Kings Mothers Muslims Parenthood Pharaohs Politics Pyramids Religion Restaurants. Dining Temple of Karnak Tomb Wall Paintings Tourism Travel Tutankhamun Uncategorized Valley of the Kings
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- HEARING AID – DO YOU NEED ONE?CONGRATULATION! said the friendly voice at the other end of the line. I was taken aback – what do you mean Congratulation? What is there to be happy about when one needs a hearing aid?… More
- A CALL TO AN OLD FRIEND IS THE BEST CHRISTMAS PRESENT…..TO YOU AND HER OR HIM! During this time of the year I always get a little weepy, and the goodwill towards the world in my heart suddenly awakens from its hibernation it went into… More
- IT IS TIME TO LET IT GOToday being Black Friday you might be out shopping – so while you are out there this would be a good moment to look for a new coat – saying this I am really talking… More
- HAPPY THANKSGIVING……..to all my friends and readers – and to the squirrels who live here! And Never forget – A Smile changes Everything Brigitte
- DON’T TELL THEM YOUR AGE!Something happened to me this week I would like to share with you – it is about telling people how old we are. I talked about this in my book “Getting Over Growing Older” in… More
- HEARING AID – DO YOU NEED ONE?