While we are at the Pyramids, let me show you how big – how overwhelming – and dwarfing one single stone can be…
IT HAS BEEN CALCULATED THAT MORE THAN TWO MILLION LIMESTONES WERE USED TO BUILD EACH PYRAMID —– AND EACH STONE WEIGHS ABOUT TWO AND HALF TONS
THAT SOUNDS LIKE A LOT OF STONES, AND TWO AND A HALF TONS IS VERY BIG. BUT CAN WE REALLY SEE HOW BIG IT IS UNLESS WE HAVE A POINT OF REFERENCE?
More from Egypt soon
- Follow Egypt My Love on WordPress.com
Egypt in Pictures
Category CloudAlexandria Ancient Stones Art Boats Cairo Children Egypt Excavations Food Foreign Policy Government HABIBTI YA MASR Islam Luxor Luxor. Valley of the Kings Mothers Muslims Parenthood Pharaohs Politics Pyramids Religion Restaurants. Dining Temple of Karnak Tomb Wall Paintings Tourism Travel Tutankhamun Uncategorized Valley of the Kings
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Making Your Will?Yes, I read AARP/Bulletin (sometimes) from cover to cover, as I did with the last issue and I found this and I cannot resist the urge to share it. I hope it never comes… More
- Looking for a Place to Retire?Why Is Stuttgart, Germany, the Least Stressful City in the World? Elise Taylor September 15, 2017 5:08 PM Stuttgart, Germany. Photo: Alamy Despite not appearing in any part of Eat, Pray, Love, Stuttgart, Germany—a small… More
- A New Purpose – Writing A Book?We have all heard someone say, “Oh, you should write a book!” And maybe you have thought about writing your memoirs – but doubting if anybody would be interested holds you back. Your family… More
- Growing Older, Getting HappierThis is a very positive take on growing older and I wanted to share it with you. Hope these facts make you Happier too. ******** Growing Older, Getting Happier By Nicholas Bakalar August 24,… More
- Take a Taxi – Don’t WalkBelieving that even sad events can teach us something I want to share the upsetting news that hit me this week. Filled with sadness I realized that it was a kind of wake-up call. A wake-up call, not just… More
- Making Your Will?